Updated: Mar 31
The LEICESTER MAGICIAN’S NETWORK is a brand new club for fans and supporters of magic. Organising opportunities to come together, share passions and express ideas with a group of like-minded people.
The club is actively promoting membership and is already gaining a lot of interest and members since launching in the Autumn of 2020.
Anyone who has a genuine interest in magic is invited to submit applications. Unlike other clubs, no formal interview process is required to join. Application forms can be downloaded from the Leicester Magician’s Network website.
The club is already advertising a full agenda of socials, workshops and pro-lectures for this current quarter of 2021. The first pro-lecture last year was a successful night with Wayne Goodman which was quickly followed by Vinny Sagoo.
Other recent events this year for 2021 have already included lectures by David Leeson, Chris Congreaves and Stevo from ACE magic. In March 2021, Richard Jones talked to the club about TV performance, which was also an enjoyable evening.
Future pro lectures booked include The Great Adamos, Matt Ramsell and Harapan Ong in April and others to be announced soon.
Workshops are also regularly hosted by the founders and members about wide ranging topics including card magic, coins and cups and balls. Plenty of socials are also organised.
When founding THE LEICESTER MAGICIAN'S NETWORK, the philosophy was to create a modern forward-thinking Club that was not constrained by out-dated ideas or principles.
The philosophy will remain at the core of everything the club does, and a set of core values will define everything that they do.
Founding members are Adam Edgeley, Ian Gamage, Pete Whitmore and Scot Jerram.
For further details about the club, the founders, events and application process, please visit the website here. It also includes a contact page for enquiries.
A Facebook page also exists which is here. Core values of the club after the founders gallery.
LEICESTER MAGICIAN'S NETWORK CORE VALUES
● Preserve the secrecy of magical principles, sharing only with fellow magicians to ensure the artform is evolved and held for the next generation.
● Create a modern, forward-thinking community, unconstrained by out-dated ideas or principles.
● Promote a relaxed, friendly environment which allows members of all abilities to share ideas, ask questions without fear, or perform if they feel comfortable.
● Help fellow members in their pursuit of improvement.
● Ensure equality among all members.
● Be open to all those with a genuine interest in magic.
● Respect magic creators.